Regional Utilities provides gravity and force main sewer service throughout its franchise area. Those areas serviced by low pressure force main require individual grinder pumps.
Following are some helpful reminders concerning grinder pump stations:
- Wastewater cannot be disposed of through grinder pumps when the electricity is out.
- Glass, metal, plastics, toys, utensils, feminine products, seafood shells, fish scales, diaper, baby wipes, rags or clothing of any kind MUST NOT be introduced into the wastewater collection system.
- Explosives, flammable material, oil, grease, gasoline or any strong chemical, including household chemicals, must NEVER be introduced into the wastewater collection system.
- Storm and surface water should not be drained into the wastewater collection system.
- Regional Utilities should be contacted immediately when red light is lit on grinder pump stations.